Mt Rainier from the Redmond Valley, November 15, 2011 at 4:45 pm
Tripod mounted Nikon D700, Sigma 12-24 Wide Angle Lens
ISO 200, f 16, 24 mm
Three bracketed images at 2 seconds, 1/2 second, and 1/5 second
- Adjustments to clarity, vibrance, saturation, color balance and cropping
- Imported as three layers, stacked darkest to lightest.
- Merged the layers to capture the best lighting from each layer.
- Stamped a composite layer, applied a Smart Sharpen filter with a layer mask to the mountain image
- Applied Tony Kuyper’s “Make It Glow” Action
- Applied a High Pass Filter with Soft Light Blend Mode
- Saved as a PhotoShop psd file and a high resolution jpg file
Web Image Preparation:
- Resized image to 72 pixels/inch and 2200 pixels wide
- Applied Sharpen and Smart Sharpen filters which resulted in a slightly over-sharpened image
- Resized image to 72 pixels/inch and 1100 pixels wide which cleaned up the over-sharpening resulting in a crisp, clean image